Skip To Main Content

Work Permits

Beginning June 30, 2023 parents can request their child's work permit online. Please click here to be directed to the DWD site.
Students need the following to receive a work permit :
  1. Letter From the Employer, printed copy, stating the intent to employ the minor along with the job duties, hours of work, and time of day minor will be working.
  2. Written Permission from parent or guardian.
  3. Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate that shows minor's date of birth.
  4. Minor's Social Security Card IS REQUIRED as we register the work permits with the DWD.
  5. Permit Fee: $10.00 cash  The employer is required to reimburse the permit fee by the first paycheck.
  6. School address minor attends or the school district.
Work permits needed for students 15 and younger.  

Work permit requests need to be submitted prior to the start of the school day to be issued that day.