Students need the following to receive a work permit :
- Letter From the Employer, printed copy, stating the intent to employ the minor along with the job duties, hours of work, and time of day minor will be working.
- Written Permission from parent or guardian.
- Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate that shows minor's date of birth.
- Minor's Social Security Card IS REQUIRED as we register the work permits with the DWD.
- Permit Fee: $10.00 cash The employer is required to reimburse the permit fee by the first paycheck.
- School address minor attends or the school district.
Students that are showing any F's for grades or have poor attendance when trying to obtain a work permit will need to speak with an administrator for approval BEFORE the permit can be issued.
Work permits needed for students 15 and younger.
Work permit requests need to be submitted prior to the start of the school day to be issued that day.